1. List down reasons why you want to quit smoking.
2. List down why you like to smoke.
3. Decide whether the reasons you want to stop exceed the reasons you want to smoke.
4. When you have decided to entirely quit smoking only then continue with reading the checklist. If not, only look at it when you’re ready to quit.
5. Do not quit smoking until you have completed the checklist.
6. Also list down where and with whom, and when did you smoke.
7. Visualize and write down how did you feel when you wanted to light a cigarette.
8. Now imagine the same event, same people and same place but the feeling without smoking.
9. Now imagine a scenario , if someone offers a cigarette to you, how would you feel? What would you say and what you be thinking?
10. Refrain from consuming alcohol during the period of which you want to quit smoking. Most people smoke again while they drink.
11. Try to visualize the benefits you will gain by not smoking, such as having to sleep better, breather better and being able to feel the flow of energy flow from within you.
12. Consult your physician or pharmacist if you want to undergo nicotine replacement therapies. Because they are not for everybody, they can guide and advise you on the best therapy available according to your body and lifestyle history.
13. Survey your home, car and workplace for any smoking
paraphernalia, such as ashtrays, lighters, cigarettes.
Burn them or bin them.
13. Find your house, car and workplace for any smoking related objects and get rid of them
14. Always get ready a bottle of water to carry it with you at all time, and drink it when you feel the cravings. It will help a lot.
15. Get a piggy bank or box. Whenever you feel like buying cigarettes, put the money you’re suppose to buy for cigarettes into the box. When you’ve accumulated the money, reward yourself by buying something you like.
16. Get rid of odors from your house, car and workplace windows, carpets, curtains, sofas, and other furniture.
17. Keep a journal about your journey through the transition of quitting smoking.
18. Take breaks to relax and have pleasure time for yourself.
19. Exercise – 20 minutes, 3 times a week.
20. Consume lots of vegetables and fruits. Also drink fruits and vegetables juice whenever you can. This will help cleanse out the toxic and poison from your body.
21. Believe you can do it.
22. Know that if you can quit smoking, you can achieve anything in life.
For more free articles, contents and resources on how to quit smoking: